Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Wish Wishes Came True

Shine your light.

I never thought it would be so hard to make changes in my life that could affect others positively. That quote i picked out is way harder to act on than i thought it would be. People say a smile can brighten up someone's day, right? I smiled at a teacher who looked like he was in a bad mood and then everyone thought i was a suck up. How did the world get to be like that? I do something nice so I'm a kiss-ass. I do something mean so I'm a bitch. Can't i have an inbetween? I do something nice and I make someone smile. No rewards, no pestering. Wouldn't it be nice if people could do good deeds just for the sake of doing good deeds? Not for praise and not for acceptance. I wish that people would just be kind to one another. I wish that I could be a friend to people who need a friend, but I'm too shy to chat. I wish I knew how to brighten a person's day the way that others know how to brighten mine. I wish that wishes came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment